Every Child a Talker is an action research approach to improving children’s early communication and language, through improving practitioner knowledge and skills as well as parental engagement. The Early Learning Consultancy team provided the national leadership for the programme which showed significant impact in every local authority in England.
The materials are arranged for lead practitioners in settings and for consultants, and cover
- audits of practitioner knowledge of individual children’s development and communicative environments in settings
- effective interaction strategies
- working with parents
- building language support into everyday activities
- specific activities to support communication and language development.
Click on the titles below to download the documents.
- Every Child a Talker — Lead Language Practitioner first instalment
- Every Child a Talker — Lead Practitioner Second instalment
- Every Child a Talker — Early Language Consultants first instalment
- Every Child a Talker — Early Language Consultants second instalment
- Every Child a Talker Third Instalment – case studies
- ECAT child monitoring tool
- Spreadsheet for setting data