We believe that
- Children are both being and becoming. Childhood is a unique period of life which should be valued for its richness in each present moment. At the same time, experiences in early years of a child’s life lay the foundations for future physical and emotional health, well-being and success in learning.
- All children have an entitlement to being cared for by warm, loving adults who tune into their needs and interests, and support them to develop and learn.
- Knowledgeable, skilful adults who understand child development and learning and how they can support it are the most important resource in early years settings.
- Effective schools, settings and early years services reflect on their work and its impact, continually learning and seeking to improve what they offer to children and families.
We believe in providing the very best possible learning opportunities
- for children
- for the adults who work with children and families.
The best learning opportunities are active, engaging, flexible and uniquely suited to the needs of the learners – and this applies to our work with adults as well as our approaches to early learning for young children.